An engineering Research and Development professional have full technical responsibility for interpreting, coordinating research and development activities between disciplines, organizing, executing, coordinating assignments, plans and directs research projects. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches.
Regular enhancement of skills is required to work on extremely complex problems that impact the design success of current products or addresses broad design issues of future products or technologies; analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
Research has substantial impact that extends knowledge and understanding. In business, it is important to enhance skills and maintain liaison with individuals and units within and outside the project, with responsibility for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to own field and product development.
This level usually requires extensive progressive experience, including work comparable to Principal level. At Moyo Konsult Limited, our ER&D training courses apply extensive and advanced principles, theories and concepts, which contribute to the development of solutions to complex problems that require innovation and ingenuity, creating new science and/or technologies, and extend them into new applications.
Engineering Research and development is of great importance in business as the level of competition, production processes and methods are rapidly increasing. It is of special importance in the field of marketing where companies keep an eagle eye on competitors and customers in order to keep pace with modern trends and analyze the needs, demands and desires of their customers.
The training program will educate participants on how to:
- Liaison with customers to establish product design and application briefs
- Researching similar product designs or applications.
- Liaison with Materials Manufacturers or Suppliers and University Research programmes
- Develop design concepts and pre-production models
- Conduct tests to identify that models are fit for purpose and that they can be manufactured.
- Develop new material and composite material formulations
- Investigate improvements in the design or engineering capability of existing products.
- Liaison with machinery and ancillaries manufacturers.
Courses on Engineering Failure Analysis cover the following:
- System of work assessment
- Product liability
- Personal Injury
- Patent/Copyright defense support
Courses on New Product Design and Development cover the following
- Research, Development and Commercialization of International Products
- Innovative New Product concepts and Intellectual Property development
- Complete Engineering prototype development from concept to in-service testing
- Creative and advanced machine design
- Advanced Engineering analysis including computer simulation of systems.
- Comprehensive technical reviews for business planning, marketing and R&D finance.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Finite Element Stress Analysis (FEA), Rapid Prototyping, Computer Simulation.