Strategic financial management refers to study of finance with a long term view considering the strategic goals of the enterprise. Financial management is nowadays increasingly referred to as "Strategic Financial Management" so as to give it an increased frame of reference. The objective of the a "long term course of action" and this is where strategy fits in.
Moyo Konsult Limited (CSF) training programs are designed to provide an applied and practical approach to finance, enabling you to address topical issues that modern corporations face. This is a fast paced interactive course, using contemporary case studies, realistic valuation exercises, and interactive learning.
It will enhance participants’ understanding of Corporate Finance as a tool for making strategic decisions. Participants will learn how to apply basic capital structure and valuation techniques to the analysis of strategic decisions, such as mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and raising capital. The main focus of the course will be on interactions between financial and strategic decisions in corporations.
The training is about applying basic Corporate Finance concepts (capital structure and valuation) to strategic decisions (corporate investments, M&A, going public, going private, etc.). Suitable for executives, managers and other professionals without substantial academic finance background, who wish to study corporate finance as a tool for making strategic decisions.
This training program adds clarity and depth on issues concerning capital structure, value enhancement and principal management. Financial Management is the maximization of shareholders wealth.
The training programs will enhance participant’s skills to:
- Contributing effectively to Strategic Planning
- Linking budgeting and forecasting into the business' strategy
- Preparing rolling forecasts
- Guiding operational management in the effective use of budget and forecast data
- Applying 'best practice' risk management and control in your area
- Cutting costs and improving effectiveness
- Using Lean 6 Sigma methods to improve performance and reduce costs
- Managing your direct reports and how to manage upwards
- Communicating effectively upwards with the Board/CEO/CFO